Established in 1989 as a non-profit organization, SOIL links Canadian farmers willing to train apprentices with folks wanting to work and learn on an organic farm using sustainable practices. We aim to facilitate apprenticeships which transfer lasting knowledge to both the farmer and the apprentice.
- Encourage the growth of sustainable agriculture in Canada
- Expose apprentices to a rural lifestyle, including those with little or no farming experience.
- Ensure a hands on learning environment in which to acquire the basic skills or even provide the basis for an agricultural career.
- Assist the farmer with the necessary support required to successfully run their organic operation.
- Ensure that farmers and their communities benefit from the influx of new ideas, energy and enthusiasm of apprentices.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.
You can email us,
Contact us by post,
STEWARDS OF IRREPLACEABLE LAND
Sooke, BC V0S 1A0
Find us on Facebook,
Or fill out this contact form:
SOIL acts as a directory that links farm-hosts and prospective apprentices. All listings are submitted to this site by farm employers. Stewards of Irreplaceable Land makes no claims of any kind about content, accuracy, suitability, intent, comprehensiveness, or availability of positions. SOIL makes no representations or guarantees about positions listed on its website and is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of employment. It is the responsibility of prospective apprentices to take all necessary precautions when interviewing for or accepting positions, and he/she is solely responsible for obtaining necessary information concerning the employers, using caution and common sense. It is the responsibility of host farms to be aware of federal and provincial labour laws related to hiring apprentices and for apprentice training for full on-farm health and safety. SOIL provides the listing only as a public service, and the listings do not imply any recommendation by the organization.